You have no items in your shopping cart.

Friday, March 29, 2024 2:08:06 PM

How to use OrderCustomNumber?

Posted: 5 years ago

#8512 Quote

cvalerio

#8512 Quote
Hi Guys,

I had great experience with a NopCommerce project last year using your Feed Manager plugin. This year I have another project (really important one) using Nop, and I'd like to use your PayPal Express Checkout for PayPal payments.
There are two things though that prevent me to use it:

1) Since the client have another gateway for Credit Card payment, an option to hide the credit card selection from the PaymentInfo view is required;

2) I've seen in my tests that you pass the OrderGuid as InvoiceNumber to PayPal. OrderGuid is not useful to the NopCommerce backoffice user, since we can't search orders by their Guid. The order id should be passed, or the OrderCustomNumber. The ideal would be the choice to be dependent on a setting value.

Are these changes feasable? If yes, we can continue using this plugin, otherwise we have to switch to other plugin.
With #1 being pretty trivial, if you process the paypal engagement in the IPaymentProcessor.PostProcessPayment method, #2 shouldn't be difficult to implement too.

Thanks in advance,

Claudio Valerio

#8513 Quote

Support

#8513 Quote
>1) Since the client have another gateway for Credit Card payment, an option to hide the credit card selection from the PaymentInfo view is required;
Can you explain me what you want? Plugin uses two modes. Plugin can adds Express Checkout button on shopping cart page and plugin can add Express Checkout buttonon payment method list page too.
You can add any JavaScript code in the file ShoppingCartButton.cshtml and hide the credit cart settings from the page.

> 2) I've seen in my tests that you pass the OrderGuid as InvoiceNumber to PayPal. OrderGuid is not useful to the NopCommerce backoffice user, since we can't search orders by their Guid. The order id should be passed, or the OrderCustomNumber. The ideal would be the choice to be dependent on a setting value.
Plugin uses another logic.
Plugin doesn't create the order before. Plugin creates the order after payment!!!!
We don't have OrderCustomNumber before the payment. The order will be created later. PayPal doesn't allow to change it.