You have no items in your shopping cart.

Saturday, April 20, 2024 11:03:20 AM

Partial/Supplemental Feeds

Posted: 1 year ago

#13495 Quote

pdavis

#13495 Quote
I would like to create a primary feed which includes all of my products and schedule this to run once a week. I would then like to duplicate this feed and have it run daily, but instead of including all products I would like it to only include products that have been updated within the last 24 hours (i.e. since the last feed was generated).

Is there currently a way to do this?

I thought I might be able to setup an Advanced Filter with Product/UpdatedOnUtc > than some value but this isn't an option. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

#13496 Quote

Support

#13496 Quote
>I would like it to only include products that have been updated within the last 24 hours (i.e. since the last feed was generated).
The plugin doesn't have such filter.

#13497 Quote

pdavis

#13497 Quote
Thank you for the reply. I was hoping I had just overlooked something. I will put this in the feature request topic and let you address it there if you would like.

I was thinking that a quick and dirty fix for my needs would be to modifying the stored procedure FNS_FeedManager_ProductLoadAll to see if I could have it bring back all products on one day of the week, and then just updated products on all other days.

#13498 Quote

Support

#13498 Quote
We could do the subplugin for Feed manager for it doesn't help you too.
The subplugin will help you to create the new value but you need to skip it.

#13499 Quote

pdavis

#13499 Quote
I added the following code to the FNS_FeedManager_ProductLoadAll stored procedure right before the line that reads "SET @sql = @sql+' AND p.Published = 1". This seems to be working but we have not moved it into production yet. We do two days in case it doesn't run on one of the days, it will catch up on the next run.

-- Full product feed on Tuesdays (2)
if datepart(weekday,getdate()) <> 2 
   BEGIN
      -- Partial feed on all other days,
    -- only products with changes from the last two days
      SET @sql = @sql + ' AND p.UpdatedOnUTC > GETUTCDATE() - 2'
   END