You have no items in your shopping cart.

Saturday, May 4, 2024 2:23:27 AM

Combine product price and shipping price

Posted: 6 years ago

#6613 Quote

shoecake

#6613 Quote
I am creating a feed for eBay using the FileExchange template and want to provide free shipping. To do this I wan to combine the product price and shipping price in one field. E.g. if the product costs £10 and thew shipping is £5 then the field would have £15 in it.

i.e. I want to add together the two field names "Price" and "Shipping Price". I have looked into the new formula token in 1.52 but I don't think it will handle this.

#6614 Quote

shoecake

#6614 Quote
As a related issue, i can't get "Shipping price" to display anything. I have one shipping provider (Shipping by weight). This  does have multiple shipping methods, but only one for the default country.

Is there a way to get the shipping for the default country in this situation?

One other solution is if I could write my own "post processing action" function? If there was an API for adding my own post processing code that would add a whole new level of flexibility.

#6617 Quote

Support

#6617 Quote
It's the best idea to add support external post-processing function (subplugin). I can sent productId your subplugin will calculate something and return me value...
Yes. It's performance leak but it's the best idea.
What do you think about it?

#6618 Quote

shoecake

#6618 Quote
I think an external function is the best option and also will work in many other situations.

One way would be to have one function for the whole row of a feed. So code would send productid and an IList (or Dictionary) of KeyValue Pairs. The subplugin can then modify this collection and return it.

This would be better as one field may rely on calculations of data in other fields in the row.

Yes a badly coded subplugin could slow performance, but that is the subplugin authors responsibility. Also, generating a feed is a background task so if it runs a few seconds slower it does not really matter.

#6619 Quote

shoecake

#6619 Quote
One other thought I had, this subplugin function for the whole row should run before the "post process action" on each individual field.

I think this because the post process actions are about formatting the data for the output file and so should happen after the subplugin has made its changes.

#6637 Quote

Support

#6637 Quote
I added support external own plugins.
Thank you this idea.
https://www.foxnetsoft.com/documentation-nopfeedmanager#q14

#6668 Quote

shoecake

#6668 Quote
Thanks a lot for this, I have already used it in a number of places. Very usefull.

#6669 Quote

Support

#6669 Quote
Thank you too for idea.

Please write a reviews about our support
https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/1662/nopfeedmanager-google-amazon-ebay-binq-facebook-pricegrabber-shopzilla-rakuten-etc-foxnetsoftcom.aspx

I want to populate our plugin.
Thank you.