You have no items in your shopping cart.

Friday, April 19, 2024 4:04:06 AM

Support sirv.com?

Posted: 6 years ago

#6541 Quote

danielwalbrugh1978

#6541 Quote
Hi, We are currently testing your CDN Connector plugin.

We would like to use https://sirv.com/ as our CDN provider but we cannot get the functionality to work. If you take a look at the homepage of this site you will see that they have some cool functionality where you would add parameters to the URL and it will change the look of the image.

Would it be possible for you to integrate sirv with your plugin to include all its features?

Can you also provide me with a solution regarding the following:

I have installed the plugin and configured it to use sirv but I have run into a problem where I have to copy the images from the website to sirv before they display.
    Everytime I upload a new image, I first have to upload it to NOP first and once all the image thumbnails have been created I have to copy it over to the CDN server.
    Can you advise if there is a way around this?  Is there a way to import images to NOP that pull directly from the CDN server?  Is there a way to update image file locations on NOP to point to the CDN server?

Regards,

Daniel

#6542 Quote

Support

#6542 Quote
>and it will change the look of the image.
Our plugin adds CDN support for ALL pictures in your store (pictures of products and STATIC pictures too).
If you want to add suffix to picture's URL we can add such feature.
But ALL pictures will have this suffix.

> I have to copy it over to the CDN server.
You needn't upload picture in CDN service. You add new picture to product. Customer opens this page and plugin changes picture URL with CDN prefix. CDN service checks this picture URL and if CDN service has this picture on its servers customer will get picture from CDN.
If it's a new picture CDN service will upload this picture itself automatically. I don't know how https://sirv.com/  works, but all CDN services use such logic.

You needn't upload pictures to CDN service manually. CDN service will it itself.

#6545 Quote

Daniel

#6545 Quote
Hi,

We would like to bypass uploading images to the NOP system.

1. We want to upload all the images I have to the CDN server and and then update the image URL using a spreadsheet on the NOP system.  Is this possible with your plugin or on the NOP system?

#6546 Quote

Support

#6546 Quote
How do you plan to connect CDN pictures with product?
I can't understand you.