You have no items in your shopping cart.

Friday, March 29, 2024 8:50:32 AM

Bugs

Posted: 6 years ago

#6530 Quote

Support

Posted: 6 years ago

#6530 Quote
Topic for reporting any problems and bugs.

IMPORTANT NOTE: There is a known issues with installing new plugins in nopCommerce.
Please read this post for more information.

Posted: 1 year ago

#11636 Quote

pumpkinpip

#11636 Quote
Please could an update be made to improve the generation of the "description" field when it strips out HTML so words are not combined, for example: add a space wherever HTML is stripped out (then reduce all multiple spaces to one).

For example, here is a live example of a product's description:

<p>NEW</strong> style girl's ankle strap pump with large double bow on the front, strap with metal buckle, leather lining with instep support, tunit sole, <strong>made in Spain with Spanish patent leather</strong>.&nbsp; <strong>Available in lots of other colours.</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>Upper 100% soft patent leather</li>
<li>Inner lining 100% natural leather</li>
<li>Outsole synthetic tunit</li>
<li>Closure strap and buckle</li>
<li>Heel height 0.5cm</li>
<li><strong>Made in Spain</strong></li>
</ul>

Here is how it is rendered in the Rich Cards JSON:

NEW style girl's ankle strap pump with large double bow on the front, strap with metal buckle, leather lining with instep support, tunit sole, made in Spain with Spanish patent leatherAvailable in lots of other colours.Upper 100% soft patent leatherInner lining 100% natural leatherOutsole synthetic tunitClosure strap and buckleHeel height 0.5cmMade in Spain

See the words above that are combined: leatherAvailable, "colours.Upper", "leatherInner", "leatherOutsole", "tunitClosure", "buckleHeel" and "0.5cmMade".

I don't know what implications there might be for a description where the words are merged like this, but it can't be good.

Also in the above example, note how the '.' is incorrectly stripped out within "....</strong>.&nbsp; <strong>...."

NOP v4.50.2

Thank you.

#11637 Quote

Support

#11637 Quote
&nbsp;
This is a wide space in HTML standard.
The plugin removes all HTML markup.
I can replace &nbsp;  with ' ' (simple space).

#11639 Quote

Support

#11639 Quote
Download the new ZIP file and try it.

#11640 Quote

pumpkinpip

#11640 Quote
I know &nbsp; is a wide space, but note that it has removed the period (.) before it.

Also can you see what I mean by how words are merged together? It makes sense to add a space where HTML is stripped to prevent words from separate sentences or bullet from merging.

Thank you.

#11642 Quote

Support

#11642 Quote
Try the new release.

#11643 Quote

pumpkinpip

#11643 Quote
Hi, I downloaded the latest zip from my account, then completely uninstalled, deleted and reinstalled the plugin, but am still seeing:

NEW style girl's ankle strap pump with large double bow on the front, strap with metal buckle, leather lining with instep support, tunit sole, made in Spain with Spanish patent leatherAvailable in lots of other colours.Upper 100% soft patent leatherInner lining 100% natural leatherOutsole synthetic tunitClosure strap and buckleHeel height 0.5cmMade in Spain

Thank you.

#11644 Quote

Support

#11644 Quote
Thank you.
I have fixed this issue.
The widespace was in the HTML tags.