You have no items in your shopping cart.

Saturday, April 27, 2024 11:12:00 AM

Slider Plugin: Improvement suggestion

Posted: 6 months ago

#13572 Quote

NCLAMB

#13572 Quote
Hi,

I've been trialling your excellent Slider Plugin for my nopCommerce 4.6 store, the video integration works really well and is a nice feature.

But have a feature request when using static images would it be possible to also add in a mobile optimized image for lower breakpoints say below 768px, currently the plugin just resizes the desktop image having tat extra functionlity would really help for responsive sites. Also would it be possible to have the option to add Text and CTA button?

Here is an example of it in action on this site https://www.ghdhair.com

#13575 Quote

Support

#13575 Quote
I thought about your idea.
Each slider has a parameter "Browser mode", you can create a new slider for the mobile version. I didn't want to add any HTML code (text and button) into the slider, but I'll think about it.
I thought that it was better for customers to click on the whole slider picture.

#13576 Quote

NCLAMB

#13576 Quote
Thanks for getting back to me, Just a side note  reagrding customers clicking on the whole image, I did some user testing on this a while ago, users are more inclined to clcik on large image / slider if there is a clear CTA / Button with supporting text than without. I appreciate this could be embeded within the image, but there is more control over a separated layered text and button, plus it is better for SEO and Accessibility. Let me know if you make any changes to your already great plugin, or if you need any help :-)

Many thanks

#13577 Quote

Support

#13577 Quote
I agree with you that it's better to add text and a button. The customers can have different sizes of screens but the text and a button will have the same size (we'll resize the picture).

Posted: 5 months ago

#13584 Quote

NCLAMB

#13584 Quote
Thanks, look forward to any improvements to the plugin

#13612 Quote

Support

#13612 Quote
Upgrade the plugin. I added a new type of slider (Embed HTML). You can add the HTML code. Thank you for this idea.
It's difficult to create the HTML DIV but you are right. It's flexible.
The slider adds this Embed HTML into the slider, but you need to add CSS styles if you want to transform it.