You have no items in your shopping cart.

Tuesday, April 16, 2024 11:41:58 PM

Internal Error Running Plugin

Posted: 7 years ago

#3277 Quote

Figmo

#3277 Quote
When I try to run the plugin I get an Internal Error.   I have checked the nopCommerce error long and there is nothing there.   I turned on debugging for the plugin and downloaded the log file - searched for "error" and couldn't see anything like that in there.   Can you advise me on what to look for?

#3278 Quote

Support

#3278 Quote
IIS couldn't save .DLL into internal cache.
Open the file Global.asax and add spacebar to the end of the file. Save it.
After it IIS will recreate .NET cache.
Try it and write me about result.

#3279 Quote

Figmo

#3279 Quote
I noticed the Global.asx file did have a CRLF at the end when I examined it.  But I added a space to that blank line per your instructions and saved the file.    I tried again to use the "Run Now" from "Scheduled Tasks" for your plugin and  still receive the "Internal Error" message.     Also tried manually restarting the application - same results.

#4279 Quote

Support

#4279 Quote
Ok.
1. What NopCommerce version do you use?
2. Do you see any error messages in Nop log?
3. Was plugin installed good?
4. Can you open plugin configure page?

#4280 Quote

Figmo

#4280 Quote
One thing I can think of that might be unusual about my configuration is that I am running multi-store.   Originally I configured the plugin for a single store.   Just to test it.   It appeared to be working.  After a few weeks, I decided to activate it for all stores - so I added all the configuration data to the "All Stores" configuration screen.

That is when I decided to run it manually to allow it to detect deliveries from other stores that it had not been detecting before.

Now I have tried enabling my stores one at a time - and the error goes away until I select one specific store.   Enabling the plugin for this store causes the error.  Disabling it makes the error go away.

Is there something in the store configuration that I can be checking that could cause this?

#4281 Quote

Figmo

#4281 Quote
nopVersion 3.70

No errors in the log

Plugin installed without error

I can view, make changes and save changes on the plugin configuration screen.

#4282 Quote

Support

#4282 Quote
Ok.
Can you enable "Debugging" on plugin configure page?
Enable it.
Try to run the task manually again. Wait 5 minutes. and send me plugin log file.
My e-mail address is support@foxnetsoft.com.

#4283 Quote

Figmo

#4283 Quote
Of course, reality has just altered itself to work against me.   As is often the case.

For the past 2 days I have been able to generate this error at will.    As soon as I set up a debug environment to capture data for you - the error goes away.   Now, even if I enable "All Stores", I no longer receive the error.

However - I do have a log file that I captured yesterday that I can send to you.   When I was still getting the error.   I will send this to you and hope that it can shed some light on this problem.  

#4284 Quote

Support

#4284 Quote
Yes. Send me old log file.

#4285 Quote

Support

#4285 Quote
Did see the error message again?
I can't find any error messages in plugin log file...

#4287 Quote

Figmo

#4287 Quote
Yes - I still receive the error when I try to manually run the plugin in from the schedule task page.

We're sorry, an internal error occurred.
Our supporting staff has been notified of this error and will address the issue shortly.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please try clicking your browsers 'back' button or try reloading the home page.
If you continue to receive this message, please try again in a little while.
Thank you for your patience.

There are no errors in the nopCommerce log.

I left debug mode on for your plugin.  I have sent it to you in an email.   I have looked at it and do not see any errors.

#4288 Quote

Support

#4288 Quote
Leave me one day.
I must think.
I didn't see any error messages in plugin log and I want to think...

#4290 Quote

Support

#4290 Quote
Please upgrade plugin. I think that the problem was that the first task didn't finish and you tried to run the send task.
I refactored my code, now you will not see any error messages, plugin will check if it finished the job itself.
Try and write me about result.

#4291 Quote

Figmo

#4291 Quote
OK - I installed the update.    

Previously, when I received the error, the task would take some time before throwing the error.  Maybe 30 seconds or even a minute.

Now - when I click Run Task Now - it is instantaneous.   At first I thought that it was failing right away.   But I look at the log file and it appears to be working.   The entries in the log file are from today's date so I know they are new entries.

So I think it may be working now.   I will monitor it for the next few days to see if it is updating delivery status as it should.

#4293 Quote

Support

#4293 Quote
It's good.
I changed the logic of the task.
Before you ran the task and waited its answer.
Now plugin creates new internal task and doesn't wait any answer.