You have no items in your shopping cart.

Monday, April 29, 2024 2:41:00 AM

Unexpected product filter behavior

Posted: 8 years ago

#530 Quote

mjy78

#530 Quote
I've just installed the trial edition of the plugin to see if it suits our needs. It's looking good, but there are a couple of points about the product filtering that appear to be problems (or maybe just not supported).

I've setup a "myshopping.com.au" feed, but changed Category map in the feed settings to use the "Taxonomy category Map".

1. I have three top level categories (shoes, bags, accessories) and I have specified a category map for each of these in the product filter. Each of these top level categories has many sub-categories that are often changing and new ones added, and I expected that unless I had explicitly specified a category map on one of these lower level categories that the feed would instead use the next closest category map up the hierarchy. However for products in these sub-categories, it outputs the overall default category specified on the feed general info tab. This means that I have to explicitly specify a category map on each individual sub category.

2. It also appears (maybe this only effects the trial?) that if I specify "No" for the export option on a top level category, products in sub-categories beneath this category are still being exported (even the sub-category export setting is "inherit"). I have to specify "No" on each individual sub-category to stop those products being exported.

#531 Quote

Support

#531 Quote
What NopCommerce version do you use?

#532 Quote

Support

#532 Quote
We verified all.

Example 1.
Default Taxonomy category.
Animals & Pet Supplies > Pet Supplies > Bird Supplies > Bird Gyms & Playstands

You changed taxonomy for the category named Computers.
New taxanomy
Food, Beverages & Tobacco > Food Items > Cooking & Baking Ingredients > Edible Baking Decorations]]>

After exporting you can see that all products from
Computers
Computers > Software
Computers > Desktops
Computers > Notebooks
will have got the new taxonomy.

Example 2.
About Export - Yes, No, Inherited.

Computers   No
Computers > Software  Inherited
Computers > Desktops  Inherited
Computers > Notebooks Yes

After exporting you will see only products from Computers > Notebooks .

#534 Quote

mjy78

#534 Quote
I'm running on nopCommerce v3.50 at the moment.

#536 Quote

Support

#536 Quote
Can I call you using Skype?
I want to see you screen.