You have no items in your shopping cart.

Friday, March 29, 2024 1:26:28 AM

New plugin idea: Auto Create Shipments

Posted: 5 years ago

#8706 Quote

avonwyss@gmail.com

#8706 Quote
We have a shop with physical products, and we find the process of creating shipments manually somewhat cumbersome. Ideally, we'd like to have shipments created automatically when an order is added, possibly based on some rules (e.g. stock rules, shipment method, pickup location...).

We're not the first with this idea, but I was not able to actually find a published plugin which does something like that.
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/34568/order-processing-shipping.aspx

#8707 Quote

Support

#8707 Quote
It will custom solution. I am not sure that I'll sell this plugin another vendors.
I can do such plugin.
Can you describe the logic of "rules"?

I can create shipment in automatic mode but I wan to know about these rules..

#8708 Quote

avonwyss@gmail.com

#8708 Quote
I'm afraid that the price for a custom development might be too high for our low volume. I just thought that this may actually be something others could use as well, which is why I posted it.

Nevertheless, the rules I'd need currently are:
- When picking the goods up in a store, create the shipment for that warehouse (we have a warehouse for each pickup location)
- Be able to define a default warehouse otherwise
- Control whether the automatic creation should also create a shipment if the goods are not in stock in the given warehouse

#8709 Quote

Support

#8709 Quote
I can't understand the logic with "we have a warehouse for each pickup location".

Can you make print screen and send me your order-shipment logic and send me them?

#8710 Quote

avonwyss@gmail.com

#8710 Quote
Here's an image of what I mean:

When picking something up in Rothrist (chosen during checkout process by customer), the auto shipüment should take the goods from the Rothrist warehouse. Same when picking up from Roches, take it from the Roches warehouse.

(Note that the names are only literally identical for the screenshot, effectively they have different names so I think that the association would need to be done explicitly in configuration.)

#8711 Quote

Support

#8711 Quote
I think I can do such plugin for my marketplace. It's not difficult.
It will cost 400$.