You have no items in your shopping cart.

Sunday, April 28, 2024 8:51:01 AM

Feature Requests

Posted: 8 years ago

#1735 Quote

zootie

#1735 Quote
Offer other methods to transfer/transmit a custom feed file. Namely:

* Save to path - being able to save/copy the file to a local or UNC path. This could be used to export the file to a locally hosted FTP server (so partners can download the feed if their system is setup to do an FTP pull).

* Email - Send the feed through email. Rather than prompting for SMTP credentials, it should allow to choose an existing nopC email account, being able to choose different accounts for each feed. Maybe have a generic message/email body (use nopC template system? - the way it handles the accounts is IMO a bit limited, so maybe not, or allow to override the template's email account, to avoid adding duplicating records just to override the account, which IMO is the main shortcoming of nopC template system).

* Post to URL - probably too involved for anything that isn't XML based (ie, not really CSV friendly), which isn't necessarily within the scope

Maybe add a path to FTP delivery (in case the file is not expected on the root/home folder).

The feed should be transmittable through one or more methods (ie, being able to FTP and email).

Thank you,
Gabriel

#1736 Quote

Support

#1736 Quote
Thank you for suggestions, I'll do it.

#1737 Quote

zootie

#1737 Quote
Another suggestion. I presume most supported feeds use XML internally. And while XML might be the way that most custom feeds should be setup (rather than CSV), in practice it is a bit too complicated (and most opt for CSV). But if you wanted to provide a way to provide custom XML feeds (for those customers that do need to support XML). it seems a bit complicated to provide a method to support custom XML formatting (yet still be able to use the component's scheduling and transfer functionality)

A possible way to generate an outbound XML feed would be to use SQL XML. Allow the user to provide a SQL statement that retrieves data from the nopC database and build the XML. nopFeedManager would execute the SQL statement on the schedule and post the output.

So the feature would allow the execution of custom SQL. It could either output XML, or a single recordset (that would get exported to CSV - a way to avoid having to specify custom XML feed specifications, just query the database and build the CSV from that).

It is not very user friendly (ie, using SQL), but it is a powerful way to interface with the database (and could be much simpler than having users edit XML files.

This would only work for outbound feeds, since it wouldn't have a field mapping specification (of where to save inbound data)

#1738 Quote

Support

#1738 Quote
1. I thought about custom XML feed format, but I don't know how to do it. I'll think again.

2. I get products from SQL Server using stored procedure. I'll think over your suggestion to add SQL condition too.

#1754 Quote
I have a suggestion for another feed ttype for the Feed Manager plugin:  Sortprice.com

Feed format documentation:

https://apps.sortprice.com/my/products?p=datafeeds&i=ajax

#1755 Quote

Support

#1755 Quote
We have done it.

Posted: 7 years ago

#1791 Quote

zootie

#1791 Quote
Add support for Houzz (houzz.com)

#1792 Quote
zootie wrote:

I was reading there specifications page:
https://support.houzz.com/hc/en-us/articles/217121797-Product-Feed

It says they support feeds which are compatible with Amazon. So you can just copy the Amazon template for Houzz and configure your products.

#1793 Quote
steveembry66@gmail.com wrote:

I was reading their specifications page:

It says they support feeds which are compatible with Amazon. So you can just copy the Amazon template for Houzz and configure your products.

But...maybe the Houzz feed includes additional columns..I'm not sure.

More details on their feed structure:
https://support.houzz.com/hc/en-us/articles/217138277-Inventory-Management

#1794 Quote
steveembry66@gmail.com wrote:

I was reading there specifications page:

Yes. I compared data columns. It should work for you just fine to use the Amazon Inventory feed template. You can just click the Add New button in FeedManager. Choose AmazonInventory for the type, and name it "Houzza".
Set up your products, FTP settings, schedule and generate..then set to active.

#2859 Quote

blaster30

#2859 Quote
I think it would be a great feature to add a feed for mailchimp. Ability to send an rss generated campaign would be great.

#2860 Quote

Support

#2860 Quote
Thank you for seggestion.

#2861 Quote

Support

#2861 Quote
Do you want to upload products using rss generated campaign?

#2862 Quote

blaster30

#2862 Quote
Yes, on the site I have a menu of products that changes each week. When the page is updated, the feed would trigger mailchimp to send an email with the products available that week.

Mailchimp has merge tags for the rss feed
http://kb.mailchimp.com/merge-tags/rss-blog/preformatted-rss-tags
http://kb.mailchimp.com/merge-tags/rss-blog/rss-merge-tags

#2863 Quote

Support

#2863 Quote
Mailchimp uses RSS for import blog post...
Can you help me? I can't find any example about the structure of RSS file.
I see the tag *|RSSFEED:TITLE|*.
Can you show me the example from another store?

#2930 Quote

Mehnock

#2930 Quote
For the Google feed, can you add a filter to only show parent products.  We do not show photos for our child products so when the Google feed is generated, we get a lot of errors.

Thanks!

#2931 Quote

Support

#2931 Quote
Yes, I can add this filter.
1. Do you want to upload only grouped products or simple products and grouped products without subproducts?
2. What Nopcommerce version do you use?

#2932 Quote

Mehnock

#2932 Quote
If possible I would like to add based on visibleindividually, that way I can choose which ones in Admin.

I am running 3.6 at the moment.

Thanks!

#2933 Quote

Support

#2933 Quote
You wrote
>We do not show photos for our child products so when the Google feed is generated, we get a lot of errors.

Maybe it will the best solution to load pictures from the parent product if the subproduct doesn't have picture...
What do you think about it?

#2934 Quote

Mehnock

#2934 Quote
Sure!  In fact Google Merchants allows for parent-child relationships; there is a field for the parent in the child record so maybe you can replicate that in the feed and use the parent photos in the children