You have no items in your shopping cart.

Friday, March 29, 2024 11:42:26 AM

Bugs

Posted: 10 years ago

#80 Quote

Support

#80 Quote
Topic for reporting any problems and Bugs.

IMPORTANT NOTE: There is a known issues with installing new plugins in nopCommerce.
Please read this post for more information.

#91 Quote

steveembry66@gmail.com

#91 Quote
Hello-

I sent in a contact request last week, but have had no response.
I am having issues with the styling of the nopArticles plugin.

My nopCommerce site is version 3.10 and uses the nop-templates.com (7spikes) Alfresco Responsive theme.

The issue can be seen here:
http://64.239.149.236/articles/

Notice how the images are displayed....ugly...

When you mouse-over the product images, the brown square and text is supposed to move up and cover the product photo, like you see here:
http://64.239.149.236/carbon-graphite-shoe-plate

Can this be fixed?

Thanks,
Steve

#93 Quote

Support

#93 Quote
We answered you by email.
In contact request form you wrote another email.

#98 Quote

steveembry66@gmail.com

#98 Quote
Awesome, thanks! The update makes it look perfect now.

#99 Quote

Support

#99 Quote
Thank you.

Can you write a review on the page?
http://www.nopcommerce.com/p/1154/noparticles.aspx

Posted: 9 years ago

#165 Quote
Hello again-

We just recently noticed a small bug with the Articles plugin that I want to make you aware of.

When viewed in a mobile device, the left navigation of groups collapses as it should, but the only header that expands to show articles in the group is the first group header...

For example:

Knowledgebase
  article1
  article2
  article3

Anatomy
  article1
  article2
  article3

Surgeries
  article1
  article2
  article3

when in mobile device, looks like this:

Knowledgebase
Anatomy
Surgeries

...and when you click on the knowledgebase header, it expands to show it's articles

...but when you click on other headers, like anatomy or surgeries, still the only group that expands is the first one....knowledgebase...

You can see it on my site at:

http://www.myfootshop.com/articles

Thanks,
Steve

#166 Quote

Support

#166 Quote
Thank you, we'll check it.

#167 Quote

Support

#167 Quote
Your css-style of your themas has a "bug".
You use "rubber design".

I recommend you install FireFox plugin Go-Mobile, enable it and open your site. You should make a window of the browser smaller and smaller...

P.S.
For "rubber design" you should set minimum width for the left column.

#168 Quote
Support wrote:
Your css-style of your themas has a "bug".
You use "rubber design".

I recommend you install FireFox plugin Go-Mobile, enable it and open your site. You should make a window of the browser smaller and smaller...

P.S.
For "rubber design" you should set minimum width for the left column.

OK...yes, it is a responsive design theme. I will re-check the CSS for problems.

Thanks again!

#169 Quote
It is me again.....

Yesterday, in my nopcommerce general settings screen, I tried enabling "minify CSS"  and "minify Javascript".
When I apply, immediately in log file I start seeing errors:

The URL '/Plugins/FoxNetSoft.Articles/Styles/styles.css' is not valid. Only application relative URLs (~/url) are allowed. Parameter name: virtualPath

System.ArgumentException: The URL '/Plugins/FoxNetSoft.Articles/Styles/styles.css' is not valid. Only application relative URLs (~/url) are allowed. Parameter name: virtualPath at System.Web.Optimization.Bundle.Include(String virtualPath, IItemTransform[] transforms) at Nop.Web.Framework.UI.PageHeadBuilder.GenerateCssFiles(UrlHelper urlHelper, ResourceLocation location, Nullable`1 bundleFiles) at Nop.Web.Framework.UI.LayoutExtensions.NopCssFiles(HtmlHelper html, UrlHelper urlHelper, ResourceLocation location, Nullable`1 bundleFiles) at ASP._Page_Themes_Alfresco_Views_Shared__Root_Head_cshtml.Execute() in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\THIS_IS_IT\Themes\Alfresco\Views\Shared\_Root.Head.cshtml:line 37 at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.Rend................

I disabled "minify CSS" and no more errors...Javascript minify works with no errors..

Do I need to fix reference to the Articles stylesheet somewhere for Articles to also be "minified" ..or ignored?

Thanks!

#170 Quote

Support

#170 Quote
I can't repeat your problem...
I verified all links
Plugins/FoxNetSoft.Articles/Styles/styles.css
They have ~.
Please verify link  in your cshtml-files.

P.S.
I recommend you "make" ONE css file for your site.
Copy css styles from Plugins/FoxNetSoft.Articles/Styles/styles.css to your main css style file.
And remove lines
Html.AddCssFileParts("~/Plugins/FoxNetSoft.Articles/Styles/styles.css");

from cshtml-files.

It's a good practice has one css file, one "big image file" with many small images (icons, arrows, lines, etc.)

P.S.
Sorry for delay with the answer.

#253 Quote
Hello again-

I recently upgraded from 3.3 to 3.4, and now have a small styling issue that I can't understand.
The recommended products grid at bottom of article detail page now has an alignment problem.

If I specify in configuration for 6 products to appear on bottom of each article page, the first row has 2, the next row has 3, the next row has 1...and the edges do not align like a normal grid.
Example: http://www.myfootshop.com/article/achilles-tendonitis

Before upgrade to 3.4, it would just show two rows of 3 with perfect alignment.

I checked the /Plugins/Foxnetsoft.Articles/Views/ArticleRead/RelatedProducts.cshtml, and see no reason for it, and all other product-grids on my site look OK, so I think my main CSS is ok too. I don't see any problem with /plugins/foxnetsoft.articles/styles/styles.css.

Can you suggest a fix?

Thanks,
Steve

#254 Quote

Support

#254 Quote

.item-box {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #fff;
    border-bottom-left-radius: 10px;
    border-bottom-right-radius: 10px;
    box-shadow: 0 1px 5px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.15);
    float: left;
    margin: 0 0 20px 5px;   //old      margin: 0 0 20px 10px;
    padding: 10px;
    width: 220px;
}

comment this css
.item-box:nth-child(3n+1) {
    clear: both;
    margin-left: 0;
}

#255 Quote
OK, I see.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Steve

#261 Quote
Hello again-

I have been creating new articles for my new second store. Many articles for the new store have the same name, so the new update for the Articles plugin makes it much easier for me to look at the list and know which article is in which store.

However, I have found a small bug with the new Store filter for the search.

When I have the new "Store" filter set to "All",  I get many results in list...every article from both stores, as designed.

When I choose the new/second store, I get no results, but there are several articles set as limited to this store only.

When I choose my original/first store, I get only 1 result, but there are really over 100 set as limited to that store.
The one result that is returned is the very first record in the table, and is correctly associated with the original store.

The behavior on the front end of both stores is perfect....the correct Articles appear on correct the stores.

Could you take a look at the query again please and check for a problem?

Thank you!

Steve

#262 Quote

Support

#262 Quote
I'll see.

#263 Quote

Support

#263 Quote
Reload plugin. We have fixed bug and added new feature  (paging for HomePage)
Version 1.20 - September 24, 2014

#265 Quote
Support wrote:
Reload plugin. We have fixed bug and added new feature  (paging for HomePage)
Version 1.20 - September 24, 2014

OK...will do.

Thanks!
Steve

#304 Quote
Hello-

It's me again!
I just installed v. 1.21 on a client's site and like how the breadcrumb looks on the articles pages, however, there seems to be a bug with the HOME link in the breadcrumb trail. It links to the same group of articles that the user is currently viewing, rather than back to the /articles root, to show the ArticleHomePage topic.

You can see it here n this development site:
http://www.procapsule.com/articles/List/2

Click HOME in breadcrumb trail-

Thanks,
Steve

#305 Quote

Support

#305 Quote
We'll see.