You have no items in your shopping cart.

Thursday, March 28, 2024 8:46:23 PM

Amazon products export

Posted: 7 years ago

#3065 Quote

shoecake

#3065 Quote
Does the feed manager support products with product attributes? i.e export each product attribute combination as a separate product?

An example product is https://www.stitchtastic.com/store/jute-bag-medium

As you can see, this is the same item in 3 different colours. Each colour is in fact a separate product with its own SKU, GTIN and MPN. In order to import these into Amazon, I would need to import 3 separate products, i.e. 3 separate lines in the amazon feed.

Is this possible?

#3066 Quote

Support

#3066 Quote
No, plugin doesn't support this feature from the box.
We added this feature for several customers for Google feed (customization).
Customers wanted to upload parent product as a Grouped product and all product combinations as a subproducts.
Write me the name of Amazon template. I'll see and answer.

#3067 Quote

shoecake

#3067 Quote
Thanks. It is the "Amazon - Home, Home Decor, Kitchen & Garden" template.

Just to clarify, it is not grouped products in nopCommerce, but Product Attributes of a single product. I am not sure it you meant this or variations in Amazon.

So it would be ideal for it to apear like this listing in Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HQHBNFG But if it was seperate listings then that is OK also.

I know a variation in Amazon like above is created in the feed by a separate row for each listing and then another row to group them together.

#3068 Quote

Support

#3068 Quote
I understand you. I added for Google. Google support grouped product and product variations.
But i don't know how to do grouped product for Amazon.
I think we can add new products from product combinations without main product...
Can you read Amazon documentation and ask Amazon support?

#3069 Quote

shoecake

#3069 Quote
OK, I'll look it up and get back to you. It's fairly simple, just adding another row to the report which references the variant products.

#3072 Quote

shoecake

#3072 Quote
I have found a link here https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=200779220 which has some good info on how variations work.

I have also downloaded the "Home and Decor" xls filesheet which is used to upload the data. If you look on the "Data Definitions" and "Valid Values" tabs then there is lots of info on how it works.

You can get it at https://s3.amazonaws.com/seller-templates/ff/na/us/Flat.File.Home.xlsm

I've found an old spreadsheet from 2014 I used to upload a variation before and I will email it over to you now.

I am happy to upload some sample files if you need to test anything.

#3081 Quote

Support

#3081 Quote
I can add this feature. I'll try to do it.

#3091 Quote

Support

#3091 Quote
Version 1.48  - January 18, 2017

+ added support billiger.de, Guenstiger.de and Geizhals.de, added new template Amazon - Toys & Games.
+ added new feature "Export product combinations as a new virtual product".
- fixed bug with the rounding of prices.

#3094 Quote

shoecake

#3094 Quote
Thanks for such a quick turnaround. I have done some initial testing and have come up with the following. Note, I have not tried an upload yet but I will do that this afternoon.

In the child items there is no distinction for key fields. i.e the product name, description and image are all the same.

Product Name
Could you append the product attribute value to the product name (e.g. “Jute Bag – Large (pink)” where pink is the attribute value). Is there some way of creating composite fields? Then I could do this in the feed definition.

Picture
Currently the main product picture is used for all, can the link be to the picture specified in the product attributes value record.

Description
I don’t think there is anything to be done about the description field as this would have to be hand written. It would be nice to be able to edit the overridden feed values at the product attribute combination level as well as the product level but I can see this would be a lot of extra work.

The parent_child and relationship_type fields
I have always left these blank when a variation is not being created (i.e. simple products). From the spreadsheet docs on parent_child - “If the product does not participate in a variation relationship, use the value child.” At the moment, parent is the default.
I am not sure if the relationship_type field will be accepted as variation with no parent record, I will test this.

Bug
The quantity field is being populated from the main product (even though it is set to track by product attribute combination) so this value is invalid. Although I do not use it, the inventory export also has this issue.

One final suggestion, the default of the update_delete field is “Update” which is the default Amazon have. I find this highly dangerous and always thought it should default to “PartialUpdate”. I have wiped key data for a large section of my listings in the past because of this simple error (not with your plugin) and there is no way to get it back from Amazon.

#3095 Quote

Support

#3095 Quote
Thank you suggestion.

>Product Name
I added product attribute value in product name.

>Picture
Virtual product from product combination has only one own picture (first product attribute picture).

>Description
I left original product description from parent product.

>The parent_child and relationship_type fields
You are right . I left empty this parameter for simple product.

>Bug. The quantity field is being populated from the main.
if product has value "ManageStockByAttributes" plugin exports product combination quantity.

>the default of the update_delete field is “Update”
I left old value. You can change this value yourself.

I added several new feature.
New item in menu - "Unxeported products". If you enabled "Don't upload new products". It will help you to manage new products.

I'll upload new release after one hour.
Try it.
We didn't change the release number.

#3102 Quote

shoecake

#3102 Quote
I've re-downloaded from the https://www.foxnetsoft.com/customer/downloadableproducts page and it apears to be the same files (i did a file comparison).
Can you check if it is available.

p.s. I am busy for most of tomorrow, so I may not get time to look until Monday.

#3103 Quote

Support

#3103 Quote
I want to add more new improvements and couldn't finish all tests in time. I'll write you when I finish all tests.

#3104 Quote

Support

#3104 Quote
Version 1.49  - January 20, 2017

+ performance improvements
+ new menu item "Unexported products"
+ new features for uploading virtual products (pictures, new name value, quantity, etc.)